Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Oriental friend gave me this recipe. It is very good & can be made thicker by adding more eggs. For variety, try adding green onion or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups beef broth
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 piece peeled gingerroot
- Heat broth to boiling.
- mix water with beaten eggs.
- add ginger root to boiling broth- remove in 3 minutes.
- Drizzle egg mix into boiling broth.
- Serve while hot.
I tweaked this recipe and added cornstarch to thicken it up a bit. I also added more eggs, garlic powder and creole seasoning. Yummy!
Not bad...I like the secret to makeing the egg stringy. Tepid water mixed gently into the egg. Thx