1/1 Photo of Funnel Cakes
I love funnel cakes plain with powdered sugar. I like them topped with fresh strawberries too! I got this from Southern Living magazine years and years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, beating until smooth.
- 2Heat 1/4 inch oil to 375°F in a skillet.
- 3Cover bottom opening of a funnel with finger.
- 4Pour 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
- 5Hold funnel over skillet.
- 6Remove finger from funnel end to release into hot oil; move in a slow, circular motion to form a spiral.
- 7Fry each funnel cake 1 minute or until edges are golden brown.
- 8Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- 9Repeat with remaining batter,
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Funnel Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 284.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g