Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie won the best of show in the 2007 National Pie Championships. It comes together very fast using vanilla wafers, cool whip and vanilla soy milk.
- 1 (11 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 5 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 4 medium bananas
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a Ziploc bag, add the vanilla wafers and crush until there are tiny pieces.
- Place them into a medium sized bowl.
- Melt the butter flavored Crisco.
- Add the Crisco to the crushed vanilla wafer and mix together.
- Firmly press the vanilla wafers into the bottom and sides of a large pie plate.
- Place into oven for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut the bananas in half lengthwise then lengthwise again (quartering).
- When the crust has cooled place the bananas on crust.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl place 4 chocolate squares and the cup of peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour over bananas in crust.
- Set aside.
- Pour 2 cups milk in a bowl and add the vanilla pudding.
- Mix well and then add 1 cup of the cool whip.
- Fold it in so it stays fluffy.
- Pour on top of chocolate.
- Place the rest of the cool whip of top.
- Grate one chocolate square over the top.
- Chop the peanuts and place on top of pie.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
WOW !! We loved it !~ It was extremely delicious. The kids couldn't get enough of it. It had wonderful flavor, and will dwefineately save this one. Made for Zaar tag.