Recipe by KookieMomster
This can be made with any fully cooked chicken, I use Once A Week Chicken. I also use Amy's brand refried beans because they are lower in fat than brands made with lard. Fresh Mushrooms are best, canned ones are too wet. I usually make 3 of these when the kids and I have them for dinner
Top Review by cookingpompom
Loved this idea, I changed it a bit to suit our family. I left out the chicken (so we can have a meat free meal), added coriander (cilantro) and salsa. I reduced the butter to 1 teaspoon in total. I made enough to feed our family - a hit. We love quesadilla's and this one is great. Very filling, we served it with a simple salad. thanks1 Elizabeth
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 ounce chopped cooked chicken
- 1 ounce refried beans
- 1 ounce sliced onion
- 1 ounce sliced bell pepper
- 1 ounce sliced raw mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a 12 inch cast iron pan.
- Saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- While these cook place tortilla on a plate, spread beans and chicken on one half and top with cheese.
- When the veggie in the pan are browned and soft carefully pour them over the cheese.
- Put the remaining butter in the pan (optional, this helps brown the tortilla).
- Fold the tortilla in half and place in pan.
- Heat for about 1 minute on each side.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve with salsa.