Recipe by caetb
These are more chocolatey than most, due to a mistake on my part (I accidentally used 50% more chocolate than the recipe called for), but I got so many raves from my Christmas cookie recipients, that I decided to make the error part of the recipe. All you chocolholics out there, enjoy! Prep time includes time for the dough to chill.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave, until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Chill the dough for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Pour approximately a cup of confectioners sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Roll 1 1/4 inch diameter balls of dough (a heaping teaspoon) and drop the balls into the bowl of confectioners sugar.
- Working with 4-5 at a time, shake the bowl until the balls are completely coated and place them on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Leave about 1 1/2 inches between balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- The cookies will flatten out and the surface will crack.
- Cool on wire racks.
- After the cookies have cooled, I like to shake a little extra sugar on top using a sifter or a small strainer.