Top Rated Chocolate Crinkles
photo by skat5762
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, then chocolate.
- In another bowl sift 2 cup flour, baking powder, salt:mix well.
- Add this alternately with milk to shortening mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Form into one-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for approx 10 minutes for soft cookies, 13 for more firm/hard.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet, then cool on wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What beautiful, soft, chocolate cookies! They looked wonderful on my cookie trays and were a hug hit at my daughter's school and husband's office. I will say that I was skeptical that they would even turn out after looking at my refrigerated cookie dough. It was the stickest dough I've ever seen. I added an extra 1/2 cup of flour because I couldn't handle the dough, then I put it back in the refrigerator for an additional hour. While the dough was extremely sticky, I was able to form it into 1-inch round balls which I then rolled in confectioner's sugar (keep your dough in the refrigerator between trays). Thanks for some great Christmas cookies!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, felines, vino, photography