Grandma's Molasses Christmas Crinkles
photo by Northern Cook
- Ready In:
- Thoroughly mix wet ingredients together - - shortening, sugar, egg and molasses.
- Blend all dry ingredients together and then stir into the wet ingredients.
- Chill cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls the size of large walnuts.
- Dip tips of balls into sugar.
- Place, sugared side up, 3" apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in northern Minnesota with my husband. We have a dog, Buddy, who is a shepherd-collie mix. We also have a cat, Tigger, who is a brown Tabby. We both like to cook, but I'm the one that gets our meals on the table on a daily basis. My husband enjoys his role as reviewer/critic. I know a recipe is worthy of a 5-star review when my husband gives me a "top shelf, baby" after finishing his meal. If I don't hear that phrase, it just isn't a 5-star recipe. So far, I've always agreed with his reviews. If I ever think he's wrong, I'll have to rethink our system! I've never been a really good cook, but I've always been great at following directions. Thanks to recipezaar, I just have to find the great recipes and they make me look good! It really doesn't get any better than that!