Prep 50 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A yummy and rich pie. I found the recipe in a local newspaper shopping ad. Cook/prep times include cooling times.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on package (from 15 oz pkg.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2⁄3 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Heat oven to 450.
- Make pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gently stir in whipped cream for filling.
- Set aside.
- Stir hot fudge topping to soften.
- Spread in bottom of shell.
- Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over fudge layer.
- Spoon the pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish individual servings with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
I made this for xmas eve dinner, turned out great. I omited the fudge, and added a package of melted dark chocolate to the filling.
Sinful! And ohhh so good. This makes an elegant looking dessert but very easy to prepare. Everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this, itsnevrenough. I can't wait to make it again.
Very easy to make--was a big hit with my family as a dessert for Thanksgiving.