Absolute heaven! You'll just have to try this...there are no words :)
Make and share this Fudgy Butterscotch Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease pan.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with the 2 tablespoons of margarine and condensed milk.
- Stir constantly and set aside when mixture is well blended and looks smooth.
- In another saucepan, melt 1 cup of margarine over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar and eggs.
- Blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (flour, coconut, vanilla, salt, etc) and mix well.
- Spread half of this batter into the pan then layer the chocolate mixture by tablespoonfuls over the batter.
- Now spread the remaining batter over this chocolate layer.
- With the tip of a knife, swirl slightly to create a marble appearance.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until slight golden brown and center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- Cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
I was really happy to have found this recipe--there don't seem to be too many that combine butterscotch and fudge. These are definitely good -- very sweet, but I feel that the fudge overwhelms the butterscotch. I suggest cutting down the chocolate by half so that there will be an even ration between the two. Otherwise, this is a terrific recipe. It's like eating a block of fudge.