Light Butterscotch Bars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended (about 4.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry.
- measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir.
- well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in morsels.
- Spread batter evenly into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!