Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't wait to try this!
- 0.5 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Heat oven to 400°F.
- Microwave chocolate and margarine in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll into 15x12-inch rectangle. Cut into 20 (3-inch) squares.
- Press 1 square into bottoms of 3-inch muffin cups.
- Spoon 1 tablespoons chocolate mixture into center of each pastry square.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from muffin pans. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
Sorry to only give you only 2 stars, but i followed the recipe to a 'T' and they were bitter. Not nearly as sweet like a brownie like i was expecting. Sorry, but i won't be keeping the recipe or making these again.
I have been making these for several years. They are very easy to make, but they are a bit sweet and very rich. Definitely a special occasion treat.