Recipe by MizzNezz
I like to make these when I need something that travels well. Very good! Very easy!
Top Review by Bev
I think Inez must possess a magic hat that she pulls all these winning recipes from! These Fudge Filled Bars, of course, are out of this world! I made as directed, subsituting walnuts for the pecans simply because I had them on hand. The condensed milk was added with the chocolate chips in the saucepan where I also subsituted 2 tbs butter instead of shortening. Once again, as per my usual, I could not wait for these little babies to cool and had to experience them warm! What an experience! A true chcolatety, heavenly delight! I am honored to be the first to review this recipe for you Inez! Once again, my chef's hat is off to you!!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- In saucepan combine milk, chips and shortening; cook and stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread over crust in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until edges golden are brown.