Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I like to make these when I need something that travels well. Very good! Very easy!
Make and share this Fudge Filled Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- In saucepan combine milk, chips and shortening; cook and stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread over crust in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until edges golden are brown.
I think Inez must possess a magic hat that she pulls all these winning recipes from! These Fudge Filled Bars, of course, are out of this world! I made as directed, subsituting walnuts for the pecans simply because I had them on hand. The condensed milk was added with the chocolate chips in the saucepan where I also subsituted 2 tbs butter instead of shortening. Once again, as per my usual, I could not wait for these little babies to cool and had to experience them warm! What an experience! A true chcolatety, heavenly delight! I am honored to be the first to review this recipe for you Inez! Once again, my chef's hat is off to you!!
WOW! Five stars is not nearly enough for this recipe, it needs twenty stars. These were incredible! I love chocolate and I love oatmeal so these were impossible to resist.....something like a hot chocolate chip/oatmeal cookie as it comes out of the oven! Anyone that doesn't like these is either a communist or an alien! Caution, must be taken with milk!
Fantastic!! These could definitely be habit forming! Thanks!