oatmeal jumble bars
quick and easy to throw together, taste wonderful, especially when warm, travels well. my mom has made these bars to death....but they are well worth it.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) jar preserves (apricot is tasty)
- combine all ingredients, except preserves.
- reserve 1 cup mixture.
- press remaining mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- spread with preserves to 1/2 inch of pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining mixture.
- Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes , until golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The first time I made these I was looking for an easy recipe using ingredients I had in the house because I thought I didn't have enough cookies for the holidays. These are so good and were such a big hit that I have been making them every year. I too found it hard to spread the preserves without disturbing the bottom layer so I just add more, just enough to cover the bottom and it works every time.Replies 1
see 17 more