Recipe by Barb in WNY
I've saved this recipe for a special occasion, but that hasn't happened so I'm posting it now.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first six ingredients; beat 3 to 4 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon into 10 lightly greased souffle dishes or custard cups.
- Place dishes in a shallow pan; pour warm water to a depth of 1-inch into pan.
- Bake at 300F for 40 minutes or until tops are crusty.
- Remove dishes from water and cool. Dollop or pipe Kahlua Cream on top.
- Kahlua Cream: Combine all ingredients; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form
- Yield: 2 1/4 cups.