Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super easy cheesecake recipe using a boxed cake mix. Great for the holidays, potlucks and co-worker treat. Sometimes I also make it a springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (or use non-stick spray) a 13 X 9 pan.
- Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix and swirl pouch.
- In a large bowl combine remaining cake mix, oil and one egg until soft dough forms. Press in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. (Crust will not be brown when done).
- In another bowl combine reserved 1 cup cake mix, milk, sugar, sour cream, cream cheese, egg and vanilla, mis at low speed until blended. Beat another 3 minutes at medium or until creamy and smooth. Pour 2/3 of filling over warm crust. To remaining filling add swirl pouch and mis at low speed until well blended.
- Spoon chocolate mixture radomly over cheese mixture and pull knife through batter in wide curves then turn pan and repeat to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Store in refrigerator.