Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light change to sushi - - this is a fun dessert that my kids ask for all the time
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup sushi rice or 1 cup short-grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 dash salt
- cooking spray
- 10 mandarin orange sections
- 20 berries (fresh strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until water is almost absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Place rice in a large bowl. Add sugar, coconut milk, and salt, stirring gently until well combined. Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Divide rice mixture into 20 equal portions, shaping each into a ball (about 1 rounded tablespoon each). Lightly press each rice ball into an oval between palms; place ovals on a bakaing sheet lined with wax paper. Top each oval with the oranges and berries and press gently to adhere. Chill until ready to serve. If desired, serve with your favorite flavored yogurt for dipping.
oh wow! i totally forgot to review this.... and how could i??? I have ALWAYS been so jealous of all my friend who go out and eat sushi cause i hate the taste of seafood, yet sushi looks so fun to eat! and then i discovered FRUSHI! they are SO tasty and the presentation is adorable! I got so many compliments on these when i made them! They are just too kute and scrumptious too!!!
Easy to prepare.For someone who does not like rice hot, but with milk and sugar only, this is wonderful. Kids old and young love it. Softened dried craisens and banana pieces dipped in lemon juice used also. Splenda used for those who are diabetic. Love it!!!!
This was sooo much fun. I loved having it. I am planning on using it for a baby shower that I'm throwing for a friend.