Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Stuffing that is used for lamb, veal and pork. From "Ways to prepare meat 1978".
- 2 small onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried apricot
- 1 tablespoon dried currant
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 beaten egg
- Saute onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Stir in rice, raisins, currants and apricots and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in pine nuts, lemon rind, juice, salt, and pepper.
- Bind with beaten egg.