Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Green salad with fresh fruit and balsamic dressing
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces semisoft goat cheese, crumbled (may substitute blue cheese)
- In large bowl combine greens, strawberries, onions, noodles, and almonds; set aside.
- Combine balsamic vinaigrette and orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Salt to taste.
- Toss dressing with greens.
- Top with orange sections and cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful tasting and beautiful looking salad. Perfect for company. I added 1 thinly sliced apple. Good with fish and white wine.