Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gorgonzola and fruit are a natural match, but the cheese can be overpowering. Mild, creamy mascarpone makes these crispy little appetizers a perfect balance.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup pitted diced fresh cherries
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 (8 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Mix cheeses and egg whites in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix in fruit and salt to taste, and place in refrigerator to firm up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using one sheet of phyllo at a time, set sheet on a flat surface, and lightly brush or spray with olive oil. Fold phyllo sheet in half and place 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon of cheese mixture on one end. Fold one corner down over filling, and triangle fold phyllo sheet to end.
- Place triangles on a lightly oiled baking sheet, and brush or spray just a little more oil on top.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
Have never done much baking with phyllo dough, but these little gems were a pleasure to make & a real delight eating ~ They were part of my finger food counter the other night & guests devoured them in no time, even though I'd tripled the recipe! Thanks for sharing the recipe ~ IT'S A KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]