Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb candied red cherries, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb red candied pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb green pineapple, chopped
- 2 quarts pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon and salt into a medium sized bowl.
- Place fruit, pecans and 1 cup of sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place butter in a large bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add remaining flour mixture alternating with apple juice and mixing well after each addition.
- Combine butter mixture with fruit mixture and mix well.
- Spoon heaping spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-24 minutes.