Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious! Try chopping the strawberries with an egg chopper by putting the strawberry in one way, cut then turn the other way and cut. It's a real time saver! This is my lower-sugar verson of this very popular recipe. Take it to a potluck or a BBQ and it will be an instant hit! Make sure you take copies of the recipe to share.
- 2 kiwi fruits (peeled and diced)
- 2 golden delicious apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- 8 ounces raspberries (each cut into quarters)
- 1 lb strawberry, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free preserves, any fruit flavor
- 1 cup sugar (Splenda? I use sugar)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 pita pocket bread (you can also use 10 inch flour tortillas cut into wedges or a combination of both!)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the fruit and fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl large enough that you can dredge the pita chips.
- For thinner pita chips split each pita round in half so that you have two pita circles.
- Spray each side of the chip with butter flavored cooking spray (I Can't Believe it's not Butter in the butter section of the grocery store is zero calories).
- Stack 4 pitas at a time and cut them into chip size with the pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
- Put chips in the bowl a few at a time and dredge them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place chip on baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve with fruit salad.