Recipe by ckmclements
I cut this out of something. Not sure what, but it must have to do with the Reynolds corporation because this recipe, instead of just saying "8x8 pan" specifies "Reynolds Pot Lux cookware 8x8 pan." Whatever. I just know this sounds REALLY tasty, especially for a summer afternoon when the fruits are fresh and in season. Obviously, with a recipe of this sort, other fruits that strike your fancy can be added or substituted.
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 peaches or 4 nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon, chunked
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the fruit salad, combine fruit in pan (personally, I'd use glass or plastic and not metal; I'd worry about the taste of the fruit being compromised.).
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare Strawberry Dressing by stirring cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth; then adding yogurt, lemon peel, and juice, and stirring until smooth again.
- Serve fruit with dressing on the side or drizzle over fruit, stirring to coat.
- Makes 9-10 servings of fruit and 1 1/2 cups of dressing.