Recipe by Charlotte J
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
Top Review by A Good Thing
WooHoo!!! The best part about this recipe was catching the pot on fire! I've always wanted to do that. (: Can't wait for it to "sit up" for a few days. It is already very nice (though potent) served warm. Made for ZWT3. Photo to come. (:
- 4 oranges, seeds removed
- 2 small lemons, seeds removed
- 236.59 ml pitted prune
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 7-8 cinnamon sticks
- 20 cracked cardamom pods
- 24 whole almonds
- 20 whole cloves
- 4 (2834.95 g) bottlecalifornia port wine
- 708.73 g vodka, 110-proof
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut oranges and lemons into eighths.
- Combine all fruit and spices in a large pan.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes into a "fruit soup," stirring occasionally.
- While fruit is cooking, pour wine into a large porcelain pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil, but do not cook.
- Pour fruit mixture into wine pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil again.
- When mixture begins to boil, pour in the alcohol, cover and bring to a boil again.
- Turn off heat.
- Holding the cover of the pan at rim of pan as a shield, ignite the mixture with a match.
- Let burn for 30 seconds, and replace cover on pan.
- Strain fruit mixture for other use.
- Tastes best when served warm.