Tropical Fruit Liqueur
This has a very nice light fruity taste. Very mellow and sweet.
- Ready In:
- 2160hrs 15mins
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup peach
- 1⁄3 cup mango
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- In a quart jar, add fruit, 1 cup sugar, and vodka. (I use frozen berries as the freezing process breaks down the cell walls, allowing you to get more juice).
- Seal jar tightly, and place in a dry, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the liquid using a double layer of cheese cloth. Gently squeeze the fruit, getting as much juice as possible.
- In a fresh quart jar, add the second cup of sugar, glycerin, water to top and the strained liquid. Seal and store again in a dark place until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bottle the resulting liqueur in a fresh bottle and let age for roughly 3 months.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION