Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
ok - so these could be called energy bars but they are great for after school or mid-afternoon snacks too. Use any dried fruit and nuts you want. Wheat-free. They smell heavenly baking.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup garbanzo flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried cherries, finely ground
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup water
- Blend flours, oats, seeds, salt and oil together with fingers until evenly mixed.
- Add fruit, nuts and water and mix in, pressing together with fingers (using only enough water to make it all hold together - more than recommended if needed).
- Press down very well into a greased 8x8 pan and cut into 16 squares with a spatula before baking.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1/2 hour.