Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
A fun thing to do with kids. The marshmallows can be any flavor you want -- as long as jello comes in that flavor! An electric mixer is a must for this recipe, unless you have great stamina and patience!
Top Review by katieok
They've not yet chilled, but have appeared to work. I love this marshmallow recipe because there's no thermometer involved. I'm envisioning raspberry flavored rice crispy treats with mini-chocolate chips! Or lime & white chocolate smores!
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in the boilling water in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Add the sugar; cook and stir just till sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Blend in the corn syrup. Chill till slightly thickened.
- Beat at highest speed of electric mixer until mixture is thickened and will stand in soft peaks -- about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan which has been lined on sides and bottom with waxed paper and the paper greased with butter or margarine. Chill overnight.
- Turn firm mixture onto a board heavily dusted with confectioners' sugar. Carefully peel off waxed paper and dust surfaces heavily with sugar.
- Cut into 1-inch squares. You may also use small cookie cutter to cut into shapes. Be sure to dip the cutters in the sugar. Roll edges of squares or shapes in sugar.
- Store covered in refrigerator.