Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making, quite often, Mirjam Dorn's Fruit-Filled Dessert Quesadillas; they are so good! When I came across this recipe in Cooking Light (1994), couldn't resist posting and trying it. This is really for Mirjam--I would never have thought to try something like this, had I not tried Mirjam's Dessert Quesadillas. Thanks Mirjam! These are almost as good as your quesadillas.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoons skim milk or 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mango
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 carambola, sliced (starfruit) (optional)
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa and next 5 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Place an 8 inch nonstick frypan over medium heat just until hot.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into pan, quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers bottom of pan in a thin film.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Flip tortilla and cook about 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove tortilla from pan, and drape over tine of a wire rack suspended over a large bowl.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Arrange fruit in chocolate taco shells.
- Garnish with carambola, if desired.