Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, in chunks
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken up
- 1⁄2 granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Peanut butter filling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter (get the kid's stuff)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a standard cupcake tin with papers.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Put butter and chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and stir until melted. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Whisk into chocolate mixture the granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, and stir until smooth. Add vanilla.
- Lastly, stir in flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl make the peanut butter mixture by combining all ingredients and stirring until smooth.
- Assemble cupcakes by spooning in 2 T of the chocolate batter into each cup.
- Follow this with 1 T of peanut butter.
- Repeat with 1 T of chocolate batter and then 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Swirl the batter with a toothpick before baking for 30 minutes or until the point where a toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- No frosting necessary here. (Or so I'm told!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 years old and I live in Trinidad. One of the islands in the Caribbean. I love baking and have a major sweet tooth but I am trying to cook more savoury foods and I am enjoying trying new recipes. Recently I have come to love photographing the food I make. Too bad they don't all come out photo worthy, but at least they still taste good! lol <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/SuperBowlSTKR.jpg> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/TeaSuppers-STKR.jpg">