Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are just awesome! I love to make them up and freeze them for breakfast or a quick snack. For kid-sized servings, use 5-oz cups and fill them with 1/2 c. of the fruit mixture (yield 24 1/2-cup servings). For a larger serving, freeze in 9-oz cups (yield 12 1-cup servings). If using the larger cup, you need to remove them about 15 minutes before serving. FYI, in my freezer I timed the 9-oz cup and it took 1 hour for it to be slushy and 2 hours to be completely frozen. Dont worry if you taste it before freezing and the mixture is a little bit tart, the flavors mellow after freezing. Great for once-a-month cooking. Enjoy!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries (in sugar)
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (used crushed for best overall texture)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 6 bananas, sliced in coins
- Without draining any of the fruit, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon by the cupful into 9 oz. cups and freeze until firm. (Package in plastic airtight bags or cover with plastic wrap for long-term storage).
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes prior to serving. I like to serve them when they are slushy but still frozen.
I make a combination of this recipe and Frozen Fruit Cups. My kids LOVE it!
I love the ease of these. I made a bunch of these up yesterday. My son took one to school today, they taste great and yet so simple. I will be trying other variations. Thanks for such a great recipe!
I made these to take to work and everyone loved them! By mistake I left out the bananas, and no one even missed them. Very easy to make and the recipe doesn't use anything you wouldn't have on hand! I thought about substituting peaches for the oranges, but I'm glad I didn't. They added just a little "kick" that made it really refreshing!