Recipe by BurtonFanatic
A sweet treat after dinner. Another one from SparkPeople.com NUTRITION INFO Calories: 200 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 47.5 g Protein: 2.5g
- 3 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 slice fresh ginger (about 1/4 inch)
- 2 ripe pears
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 pitted prunes
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- julienned strips lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple juice and ginger in a large shallow saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears and apples and toss with lemon juice. Add to saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat until pears are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add apricots and prunes and then cover, cooking for 5 minutes on low heat.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the fruit to a serving bowl.
- Raise heat and boil the apple juice mixture, uncovered until it reduces to 1 3/4 cups. Cool liquid slightly then pour over the fruit.
- Stir the yogurt and honey together in a small bowl and set aside. Toast the almonds in a small skillet (without oil) over low heat until golden (about 2 minutes.)
- Drizzle the fruit with a spoonful of the yogurt and honey mix. Garnish with strips of the lemon zest and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.