- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and add sugar, flour and soda.
- Add fruit cocktail (don't drain).
- Pour mixture into greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- When cake is nearly done, mix topping ingredients and boil for 3 minutes.
- As soon as cake comes out of oven, cut into squares while still in pan and pour the topping over hot cake.