Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
At the end of each holiday season I have a canister of cookie ingredients leftover. From that comes a collection of candies used to accent my trays. This year's bark was sensational and well worth posting. The combination of ginger and dark chocolate bursts in your mouth with every delectable bite. While the flavors here are complex and more sophisticated than my usual bark, but just wonderful year round.
- 1 (11 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or used chopped bars)
- 1 (4 ounce) bar dark chocolate (or use chips, the darker the better)
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, cut into slivers or large bites
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, cut into slivers or small bites
- Melt chocolate in a large double-boiler over just simmering water until barely melted. You want to avoid needing to re-temper the chocolate.
- Stir in the fruits and nuts. Pour out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let cool completely. Break into pieces and serve.
Delicious and easy to make. I made two batches as Christmas gifts. Batch 1 had almonds, ginger, and mixed berries (cranberry, strawberry, blueberry, and cherry). Batch 2 had almonds, ginger, mango, pineapple, papaya and coconut. They got rave reviews, thanks!
Fantastic bark! I did not have almonds and am not a huge fan of nuts so left them out. I used Ghirardelli chocolate - semi-sweet chips and 72% bittersweet chips and tossed in a few extra cranberries and ginger bits (had just one piece of ginger left over so used it rather than lose it in the cupboard lol). I love dark chocolate with fruit and the ginger was a nice addition. Thanks so much for the recipe Toni!
This is outstanding in every way! I love the subtle ginger flavor. Thank you for posting this gem!