Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is something I have to try really soon. You don't need an ice cream machine to do it. This is from Ricardo. The cooking time is the freezing time.
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup partially thawed frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, whip the cream and sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. At very low speed, add the raspberries, beating gently until they start to break apart and the cream is pink.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and freeze for about 4 hours.
- Just before serving, allow to temper for about 5 minutes. Serve in dessert cups.
- Tips : This frozen mousse is inspired from the famous English “Raspberry Fool”. You can also enjoy the mousse without freezing it and use as a topping for a cake or a fruit salad.
This was a delectable treat. We have a booming crop of raspberries and this was another great way to enjoy them. Thanks for sharing Boomette! Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch.
Crazy simple & super brilliant! I've been told I need to make more. I doubled everything but the sugar & it was juuuust barely sweet enough. It was gone in the blink of an eye by 4 people. :) Made for Aussie Swap 7/12.