Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a nice addition to the Thanksgiving table. The ginger in this recipe gives it a nice zing. It is adapted from "100 Dynamite Desserts". Cooking time = freezing time & is approximate.
- 414.03 ml gingersnap crumbs
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 473.19 ml rich vanilla ice cream, softened
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin or 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml finely chopped candied ginger
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml whipping cream, whipped
- Combine crust ingredients& press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Spread ice cream evenly over crust& freeze.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream layer& freeze.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
I was sure the preponderance of ginger would overwhelm my taste buds so I cut back on that but otherwise loved this as written. The addition of whipped cream to the ice cream seemed to allow the ice cream to melt more quickly but who cared; it's melted cream.