Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice addition to the Thanksgiving table. The ginger in this recipe gives it a nice zing. It is adapted from "100 Dynamite Desserts". Cooking time = freezing time & is approximate.
- 414.03 ml gingersnap crumbs
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 473.19 ml rich vanilla ice cream, softened
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin or 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml finely chopped candied ginger
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml whipping cream, whipped
- Combine crust ingredients& press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Spread ice cream evenly over crust& freeze.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream layer& freeze.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.