Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice addition to the Thanksgiving table. The ginger in this recipe gives it a nice zing. It is adapted from "100 Dynamite Desserts". Cooking time = freezing time & is approximate.
- 1 3⁄4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint rich vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine crust ingredients& press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Spread ice cream evenly over crust& freeze.
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream layer& freeze.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.