I found this recipe in the newspaper. A very easy recipe and a real treat. A fun recipe for the kids to make.
- Mix pudding and milk in deep bowl until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour into paper cups, then insert a popsicle stick upright in each cup.
- Place cups on cookie sheet and put into freezer until firm.
- Wrap frozen pudding treats in plastic wrap, placing a piece of tape on each end to make pop airtight.
- To serve, tear cup from frozen pudding and use popsicle stick as a handle.
I've made several flavors of these so far, and they were all good. My kids' favorites are banana cream and chocolate. They turned out creamier when I used half-and-half instead of milk, but if you're concerned about the fat content, skim milk works all right. I would note that the packages of pudding mix that I used were 3.4 oz. rather than 1 oz. as the recipe says, and I used 2 cups of milk or half-and-half.
Made these for my DH. Used Orange Creme pudding. He loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Super easy way to use pantry staples and make a nice treat for the kids and I. I used pre-made molds but did overfill them and have some problems getting them out. But really good flavor.