7 hrs 30 mins
From Everyday Food. These look absolutely divine. When I make them I will probably leave off the peanuts and drizzle some chocolate on top instead. Cook time includes time in freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make crust: Preheat oven to 350. In food processor, process cookies til crumbs form. Add butter; pulse til mixture holds together when squeezed. Lightly butter an 8 inch square baking pan. Line it with two crisscrossed rectangles of parchment that hang out of pan on each side by a few inches. Press crust firmly into bottom of pan on top of parchment and slightly up the sides. Use the bottom of a metal measuring cup or small bowl to help pat crumbs in evnenly.
- 2Bake until crust is firm and dry to the touch, 15- 20 minute Cool to room temperature.
- 3Make filling: In clean food processor, process cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, peanut butter, and salt until smooth and light, scraping sides as needed.
- 4Peel bananas; halve lengthwise. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the crust; top with a snug layer of bananas. Cover with remaining cream cheese mixture, smoothing top. Sprinkle with peanuts; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze til firm, at least 6 hours.
- 5To remove, wipe outside of pan with a hot towel; run a knife around inside edge (between paper and pan). Gently pull on paper to lift out of pan. Cut into 12 rectangles.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Peanut Butter and Banana Bars
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.5
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 317.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g