Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My girlfriend gave this recipe to me. She got it out of Rachael Ray's magazine. Can you say refreshing? For kid friendly recipe, omit rum. :)
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups salted pretzels, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 limes, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint, plus
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium- low heat. Stir in the pretzels and 2 tbs sugar and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minute Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly. Press about 2 tbs in to the bottom of each cup of a 12 cup muffin pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed, scraping down the sides of he bowl, until fluffy, 2 to 3 minute Mix in the remaining 1 1/4 c sugar on low speed, then gradually mix in the lime peel, lime jc, rum and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in to the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the muffin cups, smooth the tops. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve run a wet knife around each cake, then invert the pan onto a clean work surface. Set each cake upright and top with a mint sprig.