Recipe by seahorse73
A slushy blend of sweetened fresh lemon juice and ice, frozen lemonade has been a popular summer tradition in Rhode Island and Massachusetts since the early 1900s. Over the years, the thirst-quenching beverage has inspired delicious variations. Our version includes blackberries, but you could use strawberries, raspberries or blueberries for equally tasty results. Courtesy of Williams Sonoma
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice, plus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup simple syrup, plus
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- blackberry (to garnish)
- 4 1⁄2 cups ice cubes
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the 1 1/4 cups lemon juice, the orange juice and the 3/4 cup simple syrup. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the blackberry juice, the 1 teaspoons lemon juice and the 2 Tbs. simple syrup. Set aside.
- Put the ice cubes in a blender and add the lemon juice mixture. Using the ice crush feature of the blender or high speed, blend until smooth.
- Put 1 Tbs. of the blackberry puree into each of 4 glasses. Pour in the frozen lemonade, dividing evenly. Garnish each with a mint sprig and a few blackberries. Serve immediately. Serves 4.