6 hrs 20 mins
Sarah Chana's Note:
A Passover recipe from Aish.com. Looks refreshing. Haven't tried it yet. Cooking time is mostly freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line bottom and sides of buttered 9" (22.5 cm) springform pan with ladyfingers.
- 2In top of double boiler, place 5 yolks and 2 whites. Beat together until smooth.
- 3Add lemon juice, rind and sugar, and beat lightly.
- 4Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Cool.
- 5Fold in cream, which has been whipped.
- 6Pour into prepared pan.
- 7Freeze at least 5 hours.
- 8Beat remaining 3 whites with 4 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Spread on cake.
- 9Place under broiler briefly until lightly browned.
- 10Return to freezer.
- 11Remove one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Lemon Torte
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 334.1 mg
- Sodium 115.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of