Prep 12 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Something to make any chocolate lover drool. This recipe, originally printed in London's Evening Standard, is different from others I've seen because it's just pure chocolate and cream -- no added sugar or other ingredients.
- 400 g of good quality chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g double cream
- Make a bain marie (a bowl sitting in a pot of boiling water).
- Break the chocolate into the bain marie and slowly melt. Add the cinnamon and seeds from the vanilla pod or the extract.
- When the chocolate has melted, pour in the cream and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to take on the flavours of cinnamon and vanilla, then remove the cinnamon and pour the mixture into ramekins, espresso cups or other serving dishes.
- Place on a tray in a freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.
This is very very rich. I found it to taste very much like fudge. It was good, however I was expecting much different based on the name. If I were to make it again I would try putting cinnamon directly into the recipe instead of using the stick. It an easy to make fudge recipe!
Yum! I used Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate and it turned out great! I halved the recipe and got 3 small ramekins. Nice and smooth and rich! Thanks!