Gourmet Belgian Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate recipe is a sumptuous Belgian luxury that any chocolate lover will love. The true gourmet will serve this hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream and might just go straight to heaven.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably callebaut,chopped into small pieces
- Start off by mixing together the milk and the vanilla bean in a saucepan.
- Heat the milk on medium flame.
- Do so till you see the appearance of bubbles around the edge of the saucepan.
- Reduce flame.
- Add the chocolate pieces.
- Whisk occasionally, until melted.
- Remove from flame.
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- You may rinse, dry and save the vanilla bean to use later on in another recipe.
- If the milk is too thick, add some more milk to thin it.
- Just before serving, whisk the milk vigorously to create alot of foam.
- Serve with a smile!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION