Recipe by Sackville
Something to make any chocolate lover drool. This recipe, originally printed in London's Evening Standard, is different from others I've seen because it's just pure chocolate and cream -- no added sugar or other ingredients.
Top Review by -Blondie-
This is very very rich. I found it to taste very much like fudge. It was good, however I was expecting much different based on the name. If I were to make it again I would try putting cinnamon directly into the recipe instead of using the stick. It an easy to make fudge recipe!
- 400 g of good quality chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g double cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a bain marie (a bowl sitting in a pot of boiling water).
- Break the chocolate into the bain marie and slowly melt. Add the cinnamon and seeds from the vanilla pod or the extract.
- When the chocolate has melted, pour in the cream and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to take on the flavours of cinnamon and vanilla, then remove the cinnamon and pour the mixture into ramekins, espresso cups or other serving dishes.
- Place on a tray in a freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.