Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My Mom gave me a recipe box years ago. I treasure it because it has handwritten recipes from her and my late Nana (her mother). I do remember that my Mom got this recipe from Mrs. Barbara Taylor, our Winston-Salem neighbor, and served it over a leaf of lettuce (fancy presentation back then) in my youth. It's a delicious summer side.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- Mix together and pour into molds (my Mom used tupperware ones and I have smaller ones). Note number of servings depend upon mold size.
- Freeze (8 hour cook time is freeze time).
- Thaw 15 minutes minutes before serving.
- Serve in whatever elegant manner you determine and enjoy!
Thank you so much for posting the recipe! I have been searching for it for years. My mom would make it every Christmas and we all just loved it!