Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect summer dessert. No fuss, since you can make them early to serve later.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Cut 9 of the cherries in half; chop the rest of them.
- Save the halved cherries and 18 oranges for garnish.
- Add pineapple, pecans, and chopped cherries to cream cheese.
- Fold in whipped topping and remaining oranges.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Spoon fruit mixture into cups; put 1 cherry half and 1 orange on top of each.
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
This could not have been any easier to make! A very nice freshing dessert for the summer.I made this the night before. Love to make night before recipes to help cut back some of the work the day of the party. I made this for my daughter, her date and 5 other of her friends that came over to have their dinner here before Prom this spring. They thought it was pretty cool eating dinner with my fine china and linens. Oh yes, I even had my set of double candlesticks on the table for them.
The taste is wonderful and they were SO easy to make! They are just a picture once they are decorated with the oranges and cherries. To make them "toddler friendly" I made half the batch without the nuts. Maybe next time I will add coloured mini marshmallows to them. Thanks for the recipe!