Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Mmmm...this is so good! Rich and tangy to taste, beautiful to look at. While I love it as a salad, I have also used it for a refreshing summer dessert. My niece, Carrie, shared this recipe with me and I bless her for it. Cooking time is actually freezing time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) canfrozen daiquiri mix, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (3 ounce) packagechopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 whole strawberries or 1 whole stemmed cherries or 1 whole peeled sliced kiwi fruit
- mint leaves or mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- With electric mixer, cream the softened cream cheese in a large bowl. Blend in thawed Cool Whip and daiquiri mix.
- Stir in the drained pineapple and chopped walnuts, if used. Add green food coloring to achieve a pleasing pale green color.
- Pack into a desired mold; a loaf pan works well. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Take out 15-20 minutes before serving.
- To serve: Unsold on an attractive patter. Garnish with whole strawberries, cherries or slices of kiwi. Add mint sprigs or leaves, if desired.