- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 453.59-680.38 g lean ground beef
- 297.66 g can low sodium beef broth
- 793.78 g canhunt diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g canhunt tomato sauce
- 118.29-177.44 ml Heinz Chili Sauce, depends on sweetness
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained (optional)
- 35.43 g package chili seasoning mix (any spiciness)
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add ground beef, cook until no longer pink; drain well.
- Light spray crock pot with oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except beans and coffee.
- Stir to blend well.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH 2 hours.
- Add pinto beans and coffee; blend well.
- Cook additional 2 hours.
- Serve with Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread.