Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
CROCK POT chili with lil ole sweet taste; serving size freeze to use in other dishes or on chili-cheese dogs. Photo is Cincinnati Chili--pasta, chili, chopped onions, and grated cheese! DELISH!
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 453.59-680.38 g lean ground beef
- 297.66 g can low sodium beef broth
- 793.78 g canhunt diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g canhunt tomato sauce
- 118.29-177.44 ml Heinz Chili Sauce, depends on sweetness
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained (optional)
- 35.43 g package chili seasoning mix (any spiciness)
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml strong coffee
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add ground beef, cook until no longer pink; drain well.
- Light spray crock pot with oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except beans and coffee.
- Stir to blend well.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH 2 hours.
- Add pinto beans and coffee; blend well.
- Cook additional 2 hours.
- Serve with Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread.
Excellent chili!! will make again
Excellant chili Caroline! I could have sworn I had a packet of Chili seasoning in the cuboard, but didn't! So concocted my own, cumin, chili powder, paprika and lots of red chilie flakes. Turned out sooo good! did the rest of the recipe as written and did use the pinto beans. I will be making this one again, thanks for posting!
My family loved this chili. They don't like beans so I left them out, everything else was exactly by the recipe. It came out slightly sweet, which we loved. It was easy and yummy, I will definitly make this again, thank you!