- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canhunt diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) canhunt tomato sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Heinz Chili Sauce, depends on sweetness
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (any spiciness)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add ground beef, cook until no longer pink; drain well.
- Light spray crock pot with oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except beans and coffee.
- Stir to blend well.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH 2 hours.
- Add pinto beans and coffee; blend well.
- Cook additional 2 hours.
- Serve with Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread.