1/11 Photos of Frosty Nights Chili
4 hrs 10 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
CROCK POT chili with lil ole sweet taste; serving size freeze to use in other dishes or on chili-cheese dogs. Photo is Cincinnati Chili--pasta, chili, chopped onions, and grated cheese! DELISH!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can hunt diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can hunt tomato sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup Heinz Chili Sauce, depends on sweetness
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (any spiciness)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
- 1Heat oil in skillet, add onion and green pepper.
- 2Cook until tender.
- 3Add ground beef, cook until no longer pink; drain well.
- 4Light spray crock pot with oil.
- 5Combine all ingredients, except beans and coffee.
- 6Stir to blend well.
- 7Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH 2 hours.
- 8Add pinto beans and coffee; blend well.
- 9Cook additional 2 hours.
- 10Serve with Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosty Nights Chili
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 552.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth
chili seasoning mix