1/7 Photos of Frosting for Sugar Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together butter, vanilla, 1 tablespoon cream, and a half cup powdered sugar; stir in a few drops food coloring - The color should be somewhat darker than desired, because it will lighten up as you add more cream and sugar to the frosting.
- 2Add alternating portions of 1-2 tablespoons cream then a half cup powdered sugar; beating after each addition until well blended.
- 3Continue adding and beating in portions of cream then powdered sugar until you have incorporated all the ingredients; stir in additional cream or powdered sugar if necessary.
- 4You may vary the amounts of cream and/or powdered sugar to achieve desired frosting amount and consistency - Your choice of a nice and thick frosting, a very thin glaze, or anything in between is possible.
- 5Spread finished frosting onto cooled sugar cookies; candy sprinkles are best added as each cookie is frosted - They seem to adhere better that way.
- 6NOTE: Regular or evaporated milk, whipping cream, whipped cream, or even sour cream - whatever you've got in the fridge - may be substituted (I've subbed in each of these at times) for the half & half.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosting for Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g