Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This is the frosting I prefer for the Pumpkin Spice Cake.
Top Review by volley368
The recipe has 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree listed but doesn't say when to add it in the directions. I left the puree out, and thought the recipe turned out delicious. It was perfect on top of pumpkin cupcakes!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree